But that would not stop me from going to this place. Just for the heck of it as they say, I decided to take a trip in this famous island. So I can relate. So to experience.
Mennnnn, all blogs about APO Island comes with so many underwater shots/pictures. Yeah again a loser. But I can still be a good help by giving you the HOW-TOs, Where TOs. *wink*
- Take a bus from South Terminal To Liloan Santander, around 3-4 hours
- From Liloan, take a ferry to Sibulan Dumaguete, around 30 minutes
- From Sibulan, take a tricycle to Dumaguete Terminal
- Take a jeep going to Malatapay market (around 30 minutes) and rent a boat going to APO Island
- Upon arrival, register and pay marine sanctuary fee for maintenance and preservation of the island
Would you believe for someone who does not dive, snorkel, or swim in general been in this island twice?! Haha! I can recommend you two accomodations I've tried although a number of Homestays are available and cheaper.
- APO Island Resort (http://www.apoislandresort.com)
It has an exclusive beachfront, has a generator (which by the way the island's electricity is only available from 6PM to 9:30 PM) and gives you a clearer view of the rock formations.
- Liberty Lodge (http://www.apoisland.com)
The view of their beachfront room is stunning and a good spot for relaxation, read books while everybody's busy interacting with the turtles.
- Hiking (do not miss going to the lighthouse) or to the Mangrove Area
- Get some Henna tatoo
- Shop and support local products there
Have it prepared by the staff of where you are staying. Say in Liberty Lodge, room rates included meals already 3x a day. That can be arranged and prepare your tummy to a very delicious seafood and lutong-bahay meals.